The Croft Primary School fully recognises its responsibilities for child protection and safeguarding the children in its care. This policy applies to all staff, governors and volunteers working in the school.
There are five main elements to our policy:
- Ensuring we practice safe recruitment in line with Government guidance by using at least one NCSL accredited recruiter on all interview panels and by checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children and ensuring any unsuitable behaviour is reported and managed using the Allegations Management procedures.
- Raising awareness of child protection issues and equipping children with the skills needed to keep them safe.
- Developing and then implementing procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse by logging welfare concerns and referring to the children’s helpdesk.
- Supporting pupils who have been abused in accordance with his/her agreed child protection plan.
- Establishing a safe environment in which children can learn and develop in ways that will foster security, confidence and independence.
To download our full safeguarding policy please click here.
We have created an annex to our policy to demonstrate our response to partial closure of the school as a result of Government advice in relation to COVID - 19. Please click here to download this amendment.
If you have any safeguarding concerns please call Rebecca Gore (Headteacher) on 01452 812479.
Please click on the links for further information
Keeping Children Safe in Education 2020 - Full Document
Keeping Children Safe in Education 2020 Part One
Guidance for Safer Working Practice 2019
Safeguarding Quick Reference Guide